Friday, May 19, 2017

Dance of the Divine


poetry dances to the sound
of silence as the liquid
light shines upon me
transforming
my body and soul
words run through my veins
as the fire of your
divine poetry
burns ever so brightly
blessing my days
i find the Way, the lost metaphor
of reason beloved of the gods
i morph
into the soul of the beloved
like the divine drop of nectar
like the love particle on a mission
to rescue the wandering sun
you whisper to me
in the secret heaven of desire
under the rose petals
as the word becomes flesh
binding hearts and minds
in the blue waters
of the imagination
where love was born
i devour the moon
like a joyful soul under the poetic light
(in the defining moment of clarity)
sparkling like a lonely star
in the spaces between shadows



© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

No comments: