Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Secrets of the Heart


torn between two worlds
of love and haunting beauty
i follow my heart along the shore of destiny
under the darkening cloud

i cross the threshold of wonder
beyond imagination
chasing
the bright light of dawn
in the digital age
of the beloved

i tweet
the splendour of eucalyptus
in my visual field
as the unknown morphs
into the known world of experience
opening my eyes as amorous light
shines through my soul

i climb the magic mountain
with foot of clay
one small step at a time

securing the dream…
love wings her
way into my humble heart
like an angel of the light
like this poet of song and dance
in the dreamscape of ecstasy
transforming
my life forever

i mine the pearls of wisdom
from the innermost heart of hearts
whispering your name
helping the lost souls
in the valley of despair

how wonderful
is your burning kiss, the divine gift
of love
in the moist hour
of longing!



© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

No comments: