Monday, February 03, 2014

Mystical Moment


solitude in the heavenly
island of bliss
i listen to the musings
of the eucalyptus,
the summer flowering genius
beloved of the gods

i capture
the elusive moon
in the sublime moment
of the soul
rocking the cradle
of memories with glee

how wonderful is the gentle
wind that sings a lovely tune
over the great dune of time
spreading
the divine petals of joy
as light filters through my soul

i crack
the secret code
of survival
of health and peace and happiness
savouring the beauty
of the desert rose



© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

5 comments:

CiCi said...

While away on my trip, I missed your beautiful posts. I have caught up now. It sounds as if you are enjoying a much different climate than what is happening here right now. When I read your words I picture your joy.

African Refugees said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
African Refugees said...

Thank you, CiCi. It's a wonderful summer in Australia and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

CiCi said...

So glad you are enjoying wonderful weather way over there. Wishing many blessings on you and your family and friends.

African Refugees said...

Thank you for your lovely thoughts, CiCi. And be blessed!