Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Road to Utopia


a deepening night
on the fatal shore
yet, you light up my path in silence
you bathe my soul
with countless blessings

your beauty flows
through my orbit
like the gentle river of joy
energising
every molecule in my veins

i eat the god of passion
in the heat of the moment;
merging into oneness
finding the way
into the luminous heart of the beloved

hope drops like honey
bruises heal. Scars fade.
the journey begins in earnest
you fill my desert places
with spring blossoms of desire

i embrace the new dawn
like ducks to water
i ride the waves of destiny. Learning.
searching. yearning
i lust after the magic fragrance of reason

i walk along
the winding path of promise
still longing for you;(listening to the mocking bird)
how so lonely
i feel on the road to Utopia


© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

2 comments:

CiCi said...

I particularly relate and appreciate the part about healing. Hope does spring eternal, doesn't it?

African Refugees said...

Yes, indeed - well said, CiCi!