Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Father's House

a new Tv
in my father’s house
yet, in my solitude
i listen to
the sound of summer rain

i feed on
the potent fragments
of love particles in the hour of need
gleefully playing with the
excited neutrons in the orbit of Desire

i think of the magic blossom
and the quasars of fortune in my visual field
seeing the cosmic nymph of time
in a wonderful garment of light
nurturing my solitary soul in the new paradigm

the cheeky neutron from the distant planet
captures the moment; propelling me
towards the endless universe; kissing my eyes;
drawing me into the luminous
world of ageless beauty and strange shadows

i dream of the glorious age of innocence
i brooch the fundamental questions
of colour and light in the rainbow universe
i sing the blues
in the landscape of wonder

now, as curiosity snares my spirit,
like these colourful birds in the garden
i whisper to the past but embrace the future
i splash out like a meteor, like the Chosen One on a mission
finding my way at the edge of nirvana





© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

2 comments:

CiCi said...

Most encouraging and lovely words. Makes a person look forward to all that can be, all the adventures in life.

African Refugees said...

Well said, CiCi!
And thank you for your lovely comments.