Friday, October 05, 2007

The Beauty of Dreams

The hours drifted
Quickly from each other
As you talked
Your way into my life…
Spinning dreams

Behold
The dazzling image of you
On a white
Sea-horse… a woman
Of substance

The secret
River runs
Ever so deeply…
Like the red blood
In my veins

Across
The spectrum of light…
My heart thunders
With desire on the road
To Lagos

The colourful
Butterfly embraced
The smiling daisy…
Sensitive tongues locked
In silence

A delightful
Night of rhythm and poetry
In old Calabar…
Tantalizing aroma of soul
Food tickles my fancy

You, Virgo, stole
My heart in the golden
Dawn of time…
And, yet, I’m still dreaming
Of your essence

We walked
Hand in hand into Nirvana
One glorious night…
The majestic beauty
Of a dream fulfilled


© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

1 comment:

Sam Oracle said...

Love is doing a lot of things in the world.

Nice poem
Hope to read more