Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas Poem

It’s all smiles
In the refugee street, this
Christmas morn
A neophyte dressed
As Santa Claus

She walked into
Eden with Christmas
Gifts from the gods
Sharing the joy with the poor
And the homeless

With angelic
Voice and limpid eyes
She sang
The Christmas carols
From the heart…

Cool cats
In a feeding frenzy
Devouring the
Mystical fruit…in full
View of the Christmas moon

Surprise gift
In my Christmas stocking
A dazzling
Songbird of the realm…
Why am I so blessed?

The beloved daughter
Of Eve in her Christmas best
Singing
The first noel…
Under the mistletoe


© Lawrence T. Udo-Ekpo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, a Christmas poem from you!! I will read it over a few times and be back. Hope you are having an awesome weekend.

African Refugees said...

Thanks a million, Technobabe! I enjoy reading all your feedbacks.
Have a beautiful weekend. :))))))))

Anonymous said...

Of course the child in me reacted to the loving act of bringing gifts to the poor and homeless. The first 6 or 8 years of my life that was the only way I had a Christmas gift or holiday food, so I relate to that right away.What a beautiful picture you paint with your words of the neophyte singing carols from her heart. This writing is so full of the real Christmas spirit. There is a reason you are so blessed. You deserve it!

African Refugees said...

I love every word you write about your childhood, Technobabe. It touches me deeply!

In fact, your reflection on the "Christmas poem" is so beautiful because it comes straight from the heart. Thank you for sharing and be blessed.

Cheers!